Production Support Engineer
We are working with a world leading manufacturer of underwater technology used for tracking, surveys, imaging and navigation.
I am looking for a highly skilled and motivated production support engineer, with a good understanding of electromechanical assembly, who can take on the role of Production Coordinator
The Production Support Engineer will be responsible to the Head of Operationsfor the configuration
management of products, production system testing and system delivery to the Operations team.
The role will require the Production Support Engineer to be involved in all phases of the production and delivery of products, including order acceptance, goods-in, production build, system testing and delivery.
An element of travel may be required on occasion to support trials, demonstrations and installations
Their key areas of accountability will include
- System kitting
- System configuration
- Production electromechanical build
- Production testing
- Factory acceptance testing (FAT)
- Equipment/System Diagnosis Repair
Energy - Renewables and offshore oil and gas
Science - Environmental survey, oceanography including research institutes and universities
Autonomy - Navigation, positioning and communication with ASVs, AUVs and ROVs
Maritime Security and Defence - national defence forces, security integrators to high net worth individuals.
The Production Support Engineer must employ good engineering development practice and should be proactive in helping improve the company policies and procedures. They will be expected to provide expertise across all projects as necessary.
The Production Support Engineer will have competencies to deliver the following:
- To assemble the constituent parts of the products from component level through subassembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings.
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To conduct defined electrical/electronic and tank test procedures and routines throughout the production process from component level, through PCB and chassis assembly stages to the final assembly of finished units.
- To be the primary point of contact for all repairs, issuing RMA's and coordinating with external companies for third party repairs where required. To identify and resolve fault diagnosis issues, where possible, by adjustment or repairs.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e., Observations & Non-Conformances, Engineering Change Orders etc. in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To configure full systems and conduct customer Factory Acceptance Testing.
- To authorise products as "fit for despatch" and ensure that relevant staff involved in the despatch process are aware of the key sign-off requirements and procedures.
- To ensure that the Company's ERP Electronic Resource Planning (MRPeasy) system is kept up to date with the results of inspection activities and that reject notes are prepared and circulated, as required.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e. Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc, to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of Production related issues.
- To support with engineering trials, customer demonstrations and installations, for all products.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.