Project Manager - Power Electronics
NB!!! Please only apply if you already have the right to work in the UK
My client is a major Electronics Manufacturing Service company with 36 years' experience of producing Electronics from 3 manufacturing facilities of modern production space. They are involved with complete Product Build, ready tested and delivered to the end user. Supporting customers globally, they work in a number of sectors including but not limited to Automotive, Aerospace, Comms, Defence, Industrial, Oil & Gas, Medical, Transport and Nuclear.
Their vision is to be the customers' first choice for the manufacture of mission critical, high technology electronics, adding value globally and they are dedicated to delivering innovation and service excellence by investing in design, build and fulfilment of their Customers Products
PURPOSE OF ROLE
As Project Manager, you will be managing key client projects; overseeing all aspects of the projects and liaising directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the agreed scope and budget.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take leadership of projects and to manage customer communication with the PE team and internal and external stakeholders to ensure project targets and expectations are delivered
- Responsible for the preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned technical, build, and business support resource.
- Resolving any problems with the team, plans, supply chain, and budget to ensure that the project deliverables and timeline are preserved to plan
- Identifying potential project risks, leading the team to develop solutions, and ensuring that they are implemented and reported
- Manage project scope and control project costs throughout project lifecycle, liaising with internal departments such as business development, finance and purchasing
- Organise and chair regular project / team meetings, internally and with external stakeholders
- Working with the Programme manager to develop and maintain capabilities and resource plan to support concurrent multi-discipline projects
- Planning of product test and verification activity across full development life-cycle, ensuring costs and timing and quality of output
- To drive and maintain quality and to optimise project management processes and practices for the delivery of project targets in line with company and international quality standards
- To provide professional and technical expertise and support the Power Electronics team to support
- customers and supply chain to meet department and company objectives
- Develop professional and personal skills through education, training, and development within the team and externally
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to assign project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent as a minimum in mechanical, electrical or production engineering (2:1 or higher is preferred)
- Proven working experience in Project Management
- Expert in planning and prioritising project resources
- Good knowledge of understanding engineering principals, detail drawings and schematics
- Experience of engineering manufacturing processes and selection to meet cost and delivery targets
- Knowledge of process development using 'Design of Experiment,' FMEAs, 8D and problem-solving techniques and implementing corrective actions
- Representing Power Electronics in maintaining quality standards ISO9001, IATF16949 and to drive continual improvement (familiarity of IPC would also be advantageous)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Computer literate and adept with Microsoft office suite and project
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search