Role - Offshore Cable Engineer
Location - Remote - Occasional Travel to Scotland (Costs Covered)
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - Initial 9 Months - Possible Extension
Rates - £600 - £650 Inside IR35 via Umbrella
Clearance - BPSS
Applicants must have Full UK Working Rights and meet the below criteria to be considered for this position.
As a Cable Engineer, you'll be responsible leading and coordinating electrical engineering deliverables for development and construction of offshore wind generation projects within our Client's Renewables business.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Front-end electrical engineering design works associated with HV and EHV land and subsea cable networks for use in project consenting and financial modelling activities
- The development of electrical package contract documentation including management and preparation of cable specifications
- Writing, reviewing and updating technical specifications for electrical cable work packages on offshore wind generation projects
- Coordinating and managing project electrical cable engineering works, ensuring correct technical specifications are prepared and applied to offshore wind generation projects
- Reviewing external contractor's and consultant's specifications and documentation for the procurement of long lead equipment, ensuring client requirements are achieved.
- Interpreting project objectives and requirements to develop the most appropriate techno-commercial design solution and technology choice.
- You'll also be required to manage 3rd parties, ensuring the effective delivery of specific engineering and design works required within the cable work package, along with the quality management and verification of their work and outcomes.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search