We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join a new product development team within a well know technology company. We are looking for a talented Design Engineer to help define a new team, a new way of working, joining a collaborative and delivery focused atmosphere. There are excellent career development prospects for the right person.
This position will be based in the Malmesbury Site on 6-month contract basis. We are looking for an equally motivated, autonomous individual willing to take on a challenge that will reward you with learning and growth, rewarding you as a creative Engineer with many production projects under your belt, within a more immediate span of time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Involved in continuous improvement and development of experimental techniques and design methodologies, to further enhance the capability of their team and company as a whole.
- Work with global RDD teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final design
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Company methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed time-frame.
- Maintain supporting documentation, specifications and risk assessments to ensure accurate delivery.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required
- Mentor graduates/new team members
- Contribute to team/dept level initiatives & change projects
- Provide design advice and guidance to design managers and product teams, taking an active role and responsibility for their areas of expertise.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams globally.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, safety, reliability, and cost expectations are met, all within the planned project timeline.
- Implemented Lean Engineering practices and help the company save money by focusing on quality and efficiency throughout.
- Work with external vendors to source the ideal materials, components, and product solutions.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering / Product Design or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of Teamcenter, NX systems and analysis packages.
- Identification and management of requirements and specifications throughout the design process.
- A sound understanding of mechanical principles and engineering judgement to make robust design decisions.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate test results to drive design direction.
- Ability to robustly plan, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Experience in leading the development of parts and assemblies for robust design and mass manufacture, e.g., injection moulding.
- Proficient in Design for manufacture & Design for assembly.
- Effective assessment and selection of appropriate methods to develop and demonstrate design intent.
- Knowledge & application of verification and validation to prove your design.
- Practical knowledge of DFMEA & PFMEA.
- Experience in collaborating with a team and influencing others to successfully deliver results in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and application of a systems engineering approach to design.
5 day working week
- On-site gym and sports centre
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
Immediate start are available with interviews being held shortly.
For more information please contact the Carbon60 engineering team or call 01329 227040
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search