Role - QA/QC Advisor
Location - Either Bedfordshire or Suffolk
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 12 Months + Possible Extensions
Rates - Daily Rate Inside IR35 - Negotiable
- Must have Full UK Working Rights - Must be willing to work in an on-site setting
Our client are not just a global industrial and energy company; they are pioneers in innovation and sustainability. With a commitment to empowering communities and promoting social inclusion, they combine inventiveness and effectiveness to lead their business to unparalleled global success.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated QA/QC Advisor to join our team. The QA/QC Advisor will play a vital role in ensuring that all construction processes, materials, and deliverables adhere to established quality standards and meet client requirements. This position offers an opportunity to contribute to the successful delivery of high-quality projects.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Decision Ownership:
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the company's QA policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent quality across projects.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to establish and communicate quality standards and expectations.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to verify compliance with quality requirements, codes, regulations, and specifications.
- Participate in project planning to integrate quality considerations and ensure alignment with client expectations
- Review construction plans, specifications, and technical documents to identify potential quality-related issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor and inspect construction activities, materials, and workmanship to verify adherence to approved standards.
- Coordinate and conduct testing and inspections of construction materials and processes, including concrete, steel, welding, and other relevant components.
- Document and report non-conformities, defects, and deviations from quality standards and facilitate their resolution.
Documentation & Reporting
- Maintain accurate records of all QA/QC activities, including inspections, tests, audits, and corrective actions.
- Generate comprehensive QA/QC reports, summaries, and metrics for project stakeholders, highlighting key quality indicators and trends
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and collaborate with project teams to implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyse root causes of quality issues and propose solutions to enhance construction quality and efficiency.
Training & Communication
- Provide training and guidance to project teams on quality standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Foster a culture of quality awareness and accountability among construction personnel.
Core Competencies, Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience in a QA/QC role within the construction industry. * In-depth knowledge of construction codes, standards, regulations, and quality assurance practices.
- Familiarity with testing methods and equipment used in construction materials testing.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills to identify potential quality issues.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
Technical & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Certification in Quality Management (e.g., ISO 9001) is a plus.
Health & Safety:
You will comply with all health, safety and environmental legislation and site rules at all times with a driving force to reduce, if not eliminate, harm where possible. HSE is everyone's duty in ensuring everyone goes home safe and healthy every day
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.