Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Carbon60 are working with a fantastic company based in Bedford. We are currently recruiting for a Semi-Skilled Fitter to start as soon as possible.
Pay : £25,000 - £26,000 per annum
Hours : 37.5 hours per week 07:45-16:30 Monday - Thursday, Friday 0800-1230
If you are interested, please send your CV over!
One of the best in the market place leading in design and manufacture of Land Drainage, Flood Defense and Sewage Industry pumps are currently recruiting for a Semi-Skilled Mechanical Fitter (SSMF) to work in their Hydrostatic Testing and Fettling Department.
Working under minimum supervision but reporting to the Operations Manager the semi-skilled mechanical fitter will be part of a small team responsible for the organization and output of the hydrostatic testing and fettling area.
The SSMF will also support the Operations Manager in all ongoing initiatives to increase output, continuous improvements and promote a clean, safe, and hygienic environment.
* Pressure testing of various pump components in line with production schedule/build requirements.
* Hydrostatic (pressure) testing requires the individual to be mechanically minded, with a keen eye for detail with the ability to think on their feet to resolve issues as they arise.
* Fettling of small and large pump components ready for their next stage in the build process
* Responsible for the fettling and shaping of impellers using a variety of handheld power tools with the ability to read engineering drawings and follow work instructions, check lists, visual aids.
* Recording and accurate completion of dimensional and pressure testing check/quality paperwork.
* The use of overhead cranes and forklift trucks to move large and heavy items around workshop.
* The loading and unloading of vehicles as required
* Ensuring all activities/tasks are carried out in line with all company HSEW policies and procedures.
* Supporting pump assembly team with sub-assembly of components, fettling or painting process tasks when necessary
* The completion of other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the company
Person Specification - Qualifications and/or Experience required:
* Several years' experience working in a similar mechanical assembly environment
* Experience of working in a light to medium mechanical engineering operation
* Experience in working to production deadlines and assigned operation hours
* Pressure testing experience or similar (desirable)
* Good standard of education
* Experience in reading of engineering drawings, manufacturing, and quality check lists
* Experience in completion of manufacturing and check list paperwork
* Qualified Overhead Crane User (training will be given if required)
* Qualified Forklift user (training will be given if required)
Person Specification - Skills & Knowledge required:
* Team player
* Able to work with minimum of supervision
* Be able to work on own initiative
* Adherence to deadlines
* Demonstrate honesty, integrity, reliability, and trust
* Attention to detail
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good sense of humour
* Engagement with continuous improvement activities
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.