Carbon60 are seeking experienced EPC Environmental Supervisor to join our client's team on a permanent basis, supporting current and upcoming Renewable Energy Projects (Solar & Battery Storage) across the UK.
Role - Environmental Supervisor
Reports To - HSE Manager
Location - Southeast England (Site Based)
Start Date - ASAP
Salary - Up to £35,000 + Package / Car & Accommodation as Required
This is an exciting new job with a leading global developer for utility-scale solar and energy storage projects with global presence in Europe, Asia the Americas and Australia who are extremely busy building out a 450 MW pipeline of large scale solar and battery storage projects in the UK.
We're looking for an Environmental Supervisor who is able to make a difference in the busy EPC team. The position reports to the HSE Manager and requires the personnel to be site based, working with site management. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an Environmental professional with solid construction (CDM) experience to join the renewables sector with a globally recognised player.
- Preparation of management plans, including Surface Water Management Plans, Construction Environment Management Plans, Site Waste Management Plans, ETC.
- Ensure the Construction Environmental Management Plan, Integrated Management System and contractual environmental requirements are effective and implemented across the project. Where gaps are identified advice must be delivered to ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Liaisons with Clients, Regulators and Stakeholders
- Site work, including surveying, monitoring, and sampling (water, vibration noise, etc.).
- Monitor all work (direct and sub-contractor) during site visits to ensure that safe systems of work are being adopted.
- Ensure that all environmental accidents, incidents, and near misses are thoroughly investigated and reported detailing causes, conclusions, and recommendations to avoid recurrence.
- Provision of Environmental support and advice to the EPC team
- Completion of Environmental audits and inspections on site Analysis of audit findings and working closely with site teams to effectively close out non-conformities
- Assist in drafting and reviewing of Risk Assessments and Method Statements. Ensuring suitable controls are in place to address and environmental risks.
- Encourage an open and positive safety culture.
- Support the workforce to reduce HSE risks.
- Identify training needs and competency requirements.
- Preparation / Deliver Toolbox Talks and Induction Training as required.
- Participate in daily contractor meetings.
- Collect the monthly HSE statistics from projects
- Environmental audit and inspection reports
- Conduct accident/incident investigation and produce detailed report showing key findings, root cause and conclusions/recommendations.
- Preparation of Environmental reports both internally and for our clients whenever necessary
- Degree in Ecology/Environmental Management or related subject
- Knowledge and experience of environmental and sustainability managements systems, such as ISO 14001
- High capacity for new learning and enthusiastic approach to tasks
- Interest in the renewables sector
- Proactive approach and work ethic
- Self-motivated, team player
- IT skills (MS office)
- Driving License
- Previous solar / renewables experience
- Experience working as an Environmental Clerk of Works (EnCoW)
- Working towards or a member of an Environmental professional body, CIEEM, IEMA or equivalent.
- ISO 14001 auditor (internal or lead)
- Experience in incident investigation process and tool
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search