Carbon60 are seeking experienced Senior O&M Technicians to join our client's team on a permanent basis, supporting current and upcoming Renewable Energy Projects (Solar & Battery Storage) across 3 site in the Nottingham / Sheffield area.
Role - Senior O&M Technician
Sector - Renewable Energy (Solar/B.E.S.S/Grid Connection)
Location - 100% Site Based - Nottingham / Sheffield (Between 3 Sites)
Start Date - ASAP
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 D.O.E + Package
Equipment: Company Car & Tool Kit Provided
- Actively participate in all O&M activities related to overall sites improvement and maintenance works related to the LV and HV electrical network
- Performing the Electrical Site Technician duties on site/ Manage and provide hands on assistance with the delivery of maintenance activities
- Carry out scheduled Preventive maintenance activities and non-scheduled Corrective Maintenance activities
- Plan and oversee non-scheduled Corrective Maintenance activities
- Keeps records/logs of the scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance HV/LV activities either performed by himself or other contractors · Prepare corrective and preventive maintenance reports upon completion
- Produce in-house RAMS for HV/LV scheduled works · Ensure compliance to company's Electrical Safety Rules (ESRs)
- Maintaining the Safe Systems of Work (Functional responsibility for all AP's)
- Ensure electrical safety across the sites, during HV, LV or other electrical works
- Ensure compliance of the HV/LV activities with local rules and regulations
- Assist in developing new maintenance procedures where necessary
- Identify resources/subcontractors to perform Maintenance activities if necessary (specialised companies, suppliers, etc.)
- As necessary, oversee activity of contractors to ensure smooth, reliable, effective and efficient implementation of any maintenance works undertaken in sites.
- Complete all paperwork including labour returns, timesheets, expenses, and material allocations
- Liaise with Operational management team and site operatives day to day issues
- Performing the Electrical Site Technician (LV & HV) duties on site.
- Work on DC, LV & HV systems and circuit protection and be able to diagnose any issues.
- Respond in a timely manner to breakdowns/emergency fault situations
- Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion. · Submit switching schedules in accordance with pre-agreed project programs.
- Achieve safety from the system and issue of safety documents in accordance with specific Authorisation levels and client OSR's.
- Promote a positive HS&E culture whilst recommending new initiatives for continuous improvement.
- To identify improvement of activities and training needs and give feedback of findings to senior managers and directors.
- Attend and actively contribute to the Health & Safety Initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as field technician for PV Solar projects
- Experience in HV systems
- Strong Electrical Safety Knowledge
- NVQ3 qualified Electrician
- Holder of up to date HV AP course (HV AP2 / AP3 Authorisation)
- Good mechanical knowledge
- Proficient in electrical systems design and solar connection
- 18th Edition Certificate
- SMSTS, or IOSH or other equivalent
- First Aider Certificate
- Competent Microsoft Office User
- Awareness of electrical safety rules and competency to prepare electrical safety rules
- City Guilds 2391 - Test and Inspection or current equivalent.
- City Guilds 2382 -18th edition wiring regulations or current equivalent.
- City Guilds 2330, 2360 or 2365 Electrical Installation or current equivalent.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- UK Drivers License
- Willing to Travel
- Strong IT Skills
- EPC experience (Desirable)
- Happy working Multiple Sites
What's In It For You?
- 100% on field (flexibility for some days to work from home to be discussed further)
- Company car provided.
- Company laptop and mobile provided.
- Tool kits (electrical instruments, hand tools) provided.
- Insurance scheme
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search