We are currently looking for an Industrial Waste Operative at a multinational corporation. You'll be joining an established team of experienced operatives on a permanent contract. This Aviation company requires waste operatives to perform duties related to waste collection and environmental compliance.Waste Operative Key Responsibilities:
- Properly package and label special/hazardous waste and transport it to the designated waste storage location.
- Test the functioning of high-level alarms on all plating shop equipment equipped with such.
- Maintain the shop floor, Pit, Effluent Treatment Plant, and the surrounding area clean and tidy to standards.
- Top up process tanks as instructed by the company chemist(s).
- Fill out paperwork attesting that the tasks have been completed on their due date.
- Perform some basic mechanical equipment maintenance (removal of access panels etc.) to aid the performance of the Waste management part of the role.
- Remove waste bags from the shop floor area and transport them to the designated waste storage location.
Waste Operative skills & experience:
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- English language fluent required
- Good knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the use of PPE in an industrial setting
- PC and IT literate
- Contact with various greases and oils; a full complement of PPEs and training will be provided by the company
Come be a part of this welcoming and friendly environment with good hours Monday to Friday 7.30 - 4.30, with no weekends. Alongside that enjoy being a part of a great corporation with free onsite parking.If you fit the criteria and are interested apply now, interviews will be held shortly. For more information contact Marika in Carbon60 on 01329 745 971.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search