Carbon60 are recruiting for an experienced Shot Peening Technician to work for a global leading provider of maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the civil aviation industry.This Shot Peening Technician position is on a permanent basis and has become available due to continued growth and expansion. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an engineering environment and have great communication skills.Role Responsibilities and Skills/ Experience Required:
- To understand technical drawings and have a good knowledge of the different methods and intensities of shot peen. Be able to work to and within an EASA 145 standard.
- To inspect and stamp work carried out and to highlight any quality problems encountered
- Have knowledge of safety standards in a shot peen and grit blast environment
- Must be able to work alone within a confined area (not claustrophobic)
- Responsible for actions related to the COMAH emergency plan and any other requirements necessary to comply with the successful implementation of the COMAH plan
- To maintain a clean area of work i.e. the cleaning of filter system and grit blast and shop peen booths
- To keep production flow to an optimum supplying the plating shop with parts and prioritising the incoming parts from N.D.T.
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures
- You may be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience
- Previous experience of working in Shot peening to SOPM requirements.
- Previous experience of Grit Blasting
- A strong team player
- Able to communicate with all levels of Management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established aviation company.
If you are interested in the role and want some more information, please contact Marika in the engineering team on 01329 745 971. Interviews are being held shortly.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search