Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a leading engineering and maintenance provider for Senior System Engineers based in Warrington. This company are involved in various industries and this particular project is within the gas sector.
This position will involve being involved in the full life cycle of control systems. From writing PLC code from scratch to commissioning the final product. This individual will advise the Project Manager on progress, risks and any issues involving the project.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and committed as well as holding experience on various systems such as Siemens S7, Allen Bradley, Schneider and WinCC.
This role is a 12 Month Contract and can be outside of IR35.
This role is a standard 40 hour week with a competitive hourly rate.
Main duties consist of:
- Responsible for the technical delivery of projects
- Work closely with and support the Project Manager in all aspects of project technical delivery and scope management
- Allocate tasks to the engineering team and monitor progress
- Responsible for meeting the technical and quality requirements of projects
- Ensure project adherence to company quality processes and procedures
- Identify project opportunities and variations
- Support the Project Manager in identifying and managing risks and issues
- Identify and enable use of reusable modules by standardisation and modularization of systems where appropriate
- Prototyping of new technologies
- Training planning, support and mentoring Engineers
- Support the Automation sales and proposals teams
The Senior Engineer is normally expected to undertake the following:
- Involvement in sales to projects hand-over process and 1st Engineering review
- Assist PM in development of QA plan, Project Gantt chart and initial task and procurement list
- Ongoing development & updating of detailed task & procurement lists
- Peer review documents created by the project team or other teams
- Attend contract meetings with the project manager as required
- Undertake site surveys as required
- Undertake outline design, upfront design studies and requirement definition for clients
- Develop FDS and DDS
- Develop test specification & design testing methodology
- Develop project modules. (Modules as identified in the design - PLC code modules, SCADA scripts, Mimics, comms drivers, etc.)
- Develop site work documentation with team input as necessary (Risk assessment, method statement, site test documentation)
- Develop O & M documentation
- Undertake full integrated system testing, CFAT, SAT and installation, site installation and site retesting
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a large project within the gas industry and be around like minded individuals who are goal orientated and like to see a project start to finish.
Immediate starts for this role are available with interviews being held as of now.
For more information please contact Aidan at
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search