A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our blue-chip clients who are a global industrial and energy company; and also pioneers in innovation and sustainability. They are looking for a Construction Site Manager to oversee the construction of a large-scale energy project in ImminghamScope of the role: The Construction Site Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing a diverse portfolio of civil, mechanical and electrical erection quality and HSE, commissioning and handover of the project. The responsibilities encompass vigilant monitoring of contractors and subcontractors throughout the entire construction lifecycle.Success in this role at Company will depend on: With a keen eye for detail, the site manager will ensure projects are executed efficiently, adhering to high-quality standards. The Construction Site Manager's leadership and expertise will be instrumental in fostering a collaborative and productive work environment, ensuring successful project delivery. Overall responsibility for the supervision of all activities and HSE issues.Location - Immingham, LincolnshireLength of position: 18-20 months approx.Rate/Salary: £450 - £500 per day CISKey responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budgets, manpower and resource allocation.
- Oversee contractors and subcontractors, providing guidance and support throughout the construction process.
- Manage project budgets, optimize resource allocation, and control costs effectively.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety regulations and conduct regular safety inspections.
- Display effective problem-solving skills to address challenges and keep the project on track.
- Uphold high standards of construction quality through rigorous quality control measures.
- Maintain accurate project records and provide regular progress updates to stakeholders.
- Lead and motivate the construction team, promoting a positive work environment.
- Cultivate strong client relationships, addressing their inquiries and ensuring satisfaction.
- Conduct regular site inspections to monitor progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Manage and resolve any disputes or conflicts that may arise during construction, promoting a harmonious working environment.
- Facilitate meetings with project teams, contractors, and clients to discuss project progress, milestones, and any necessary adjustments.
- Overview of the operation of the warehouse.
- Coordinate with the HR manager.
- Communicate and report in a daily, weekly and monthly basis with the PM team.
- Run the site office's needs, including but not limited to cleaning, internet, offices, personnel etc.
- Responsible for the HSE at the site.
- To review monthly summaries of constriction costing VS budget and valuations VS cash flow forecasts.
- To liaise with the QA/QC and to ensure that the quality related documents are properly prepared.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Implement sustainable construction practices and environmentally friendly initiatives whenever possible.
- Skilled in using project management software and the MS Office suite.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and resource allocation to effectively manage project finances.
- Ability to interpret and review construction plans, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Excellent leadership and communication abilities, to effectively manage and motivate a diverse construction team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail for meticulous project planning and execution.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, adapting quickly to address challenges and unforeseen issues.
- Interpersonal skills to foster collaborative relationships with contractors, subcontractors, and stakeholders. Effective time management and multitasking abilities to handle various project aspects concurrently.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, Civil, mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Construction Site Manager in power plant or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of construction processes, materials, and best practices.
- Familiarity with construction regulations, codes, and safety standards.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search