A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our blue-chip clients who are a global industrial and energy company; and also pioneers in innovation and sustainability. They are looking for Temporary Works Manager to oversee a large-scale energy project in ImminghamScope of the role: As a Temporary Works Manager, you will be crucial in implementing and managing all aspects of Temporary Works (TW) procedures, ensuring safety, efficiency, and compliance with relevant regulations. You will assess and control risks associated with TW, oversee inspections and audits, and provide expert advice on TW items. Additionally, you will be responsible for procuring equipment, coordinating projects, analysing data, and providing technical support to Temporary Works. Your attention to detail, leadership skills, and expertise in construction and engineering will be instrumental in successful project delivery and supporting the department's overall goals.Location(s) - Immingham, LincolnshireLength of position: 18-20 months approx.Rate/Salary: Up to £400 per day. Strictly within IR35Key responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Oversee the implementation of Temporary Works (TW) procedures on construction projects, ensuring compliance with safety standards and industry regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of TW activities and develop strategies to mitigate potential hazards.
- Coordinate and oversee inspections and audits of TW installations, ensuring they meet quality standards and conform to design specifications.
- Provide expert technical advice on TW items to project teams, assisting in the effective planning and execution of TW activities.
- Manage the procurement of necessary equipment, parts, and supplies required for TW operations, ensuring timely availability.
- Develop action plans to meet project objectives, budgets, and schedules, and actively monitor progress to achieve project goals.
- Analyse survey data and other relevant information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for process improvement and optimisation.
- Offer technical assistance and support to projects as defined by the project coordinator, collaborating closely with the project team.
- Assist with the coordination and space planning of store projects, ensuring efficient use of TW.
- Serve as a liaison for TW projects, collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Stay up to date with new processes, procedures, and industry trends, continuously developing knowledge and skills in the field.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge in developing, implementing, and managing Temporary Works procedures.
- Strong, demonstrable skills in conducting risk assessments related to Temporary Works activities.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and other design software to create detailed plans, drawings, and technical documentation for Temporary Works installations.
- Understanding surveying techniques and equipment to accurately measure and map construction sites for Temporary Works planning.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to effectively lead and guide Temporary Works teams.
- Having exceptional verbal and written communication abilities to effectively convey technical information.
- Strong problem-solving abilities to address challenges.
- Ability to handle conflicts and resolve disputes constructively.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is typically required.
- 2+ Proven work experience as a Temporary Works Manager or in a similar construction management role
Health and Safety You will comply with all health, safety, environmental legislation, and site rules at all times with a commitment to reduce, if not eliminate, harm wherever possible. It is everyone's duty to ensure that we all go home safe and healthy at the end of each day.KPIs It is important to note that all duties and responsibilities included herein are part of an overall annual appraisal system; with KPIs being set biannually by your line manager. Although not an exhaustive list, the items mentioned above should be considered a minimum expectation relating to your daily performance.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search