Supplier Quality Engineer
We work with a very interesting company that are involved with underwater innovations (Sonar and Acoustic Technology) for Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
They are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team based in yately.
You will work closely with Suppliers, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering Teams to focus on the companies drive to improve their supplier quality. You will resolve supplier quality issues and provide guidance on process enhancements and improvements. You will also be responsible for investigating, analysing and correcting problems with quality, production and control at a supplier location as well as perform audits and implement new strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regularly visit suppliers and assist the Purchasing Team in conducting supplier audits. Observe supplier's manufacturing environment to review and assess their procedures.
- Provide Technical advice and guidance to suppliers to reduce defect rates, including communicating directly with suppliers and effectively manage the supplier relationship.
- Work closely with the Quality and Engineering Departments, including the Electrical and Mechanical Inspection Teams to support the management of Supplier Quality Issues.
- Proactively work with suppliers and the Quality Inspection Teams to reduce the level of Goods In Inspection undertaken by my client
- Work with the Purchasing Team to implement a Supplier Rating System and co-ordinate supplier performance improvement activities.
- Collect, maintain and report on supplier performance metrics, including Non-Conformances via the NCR (Non-Conformance System).
- Manage supplier non-conformances to ensure that corrective action is taken, suppliers are notified, and actions documented.
- Work with Purchasing to collate and analyse supplier perception data.
- Timely escalation of any potential quality issues to the Quality, Purchasing and Engineering Teams, ensuring that effective countermeasures can be jointly agreed and implemented in a timely manner.
- To support the requirements of the company Quality Management System.
- Assist with reviewing and implementing Engineering Changes Notes with suppliers as required.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and work with Engineering and suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities, including new product development and product quality improvement.
- Be able to read and interpret Technical Engineering drawings.
- Promote and support initiatives to continuously improve overall quality and delivery performance.
- Provide support and analysis on special projects, as required, including the ongoing development of an online Supplier Portal.
- Proven experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Proficient in using quality analysis tools such as 8D, PFMEA and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and components
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self motivated with a high level of initiative
- Strong MS Office User
- Batchelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Syspro User (Syspro 7+ ideal)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search