An amazing opportunity has arisen for one of our blue-chip clients who are a global industrial and energy company; and also pioneers in innovation and sustainability. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to oversee a large-scale energy project in either Bedfordshire.Scope of the role: As an experienced Surveyor, you will be essential in ensuring the precise measurement of construction sites. You will conduct various surveying activities, including topographical surveys, land surveys, and setting points for construction works. Your surveying techniques and equipment expertise will provide essential data and information to support construction planning and execution. This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of challenging and rewarding construction projects that contribute to the growth and success of our company.Location - Eye, SuffolkLength of position: 12 months approx.Rate/Salary: The client is happy to discuss hourly/daily rates. Strictly within IR35Key responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Provide expert guidance to construction projects by conducting site surveys, interpreting plans, and ensuring adherence to specifications and regulations.
- Advise on suitable materials for construction projects, considering durability, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Conduct comprehensive inspections of buildings to identify defects and assess structural integrity.
- Offer professional advice on renovation costs, energy efficient practices, and sustainable construction methods to promote environmentally conscious projects.
- Conduct topographic surveys to accurately map and measure the physical features of a construction site, providing critical data for project planning and design.
- Analyse survey data and create detailed maps and reports, ensuring accurate recording and representing survey results.
- Set out reference points and markers on the site to guide construction activities, ensuring alignment with architectural and engineering plans.
- Gather survey data and perform data analysis, producing accurate measurements and detailed reports for use in construction planning and decision making.
- Maintain surveying equipment in good working condition, performing regular calibrations and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to provide surveying support.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail in surveying activities to ensure accurate measurements.
- Strong problem-solving abilities to address challenges and unexpected situations that may arise during surveys and data analysis.
- Adherence to ethical standards in all surveying activities, ensuring compliance with industry codes and regulations.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in surveying, Civil Engineering, or a related field is required.
- 3+ years of Proven work experience as a surveyor, with a strong track record of conducting successful site surveys.
- Possession of relevant professional certifications, such as Licensed Surveyor (LS), is advantageous.
- Proficiency in various surveying techniques, including topographic, cadastral, boundary, and construction surveys.
- Expertise in operating and calibrating surveying instruments such as total stations, global positioning systems (GPS), digital levels, and 3D laser scanner.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD software for drafting and creating survey maps and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for spatial data analysis and mapping.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search