An amazing opportunity has arisen for one of our blue-chip clients who are a global industrial and energy company; and also pioneers in innovation and sustainability. They are looking for a Document Controller/Planner to oversee a large-scale energy project in either Bedfordshire.Scope of the role: Update the time schedule of the project and the agreed KPI's.Location - Stewartby, BedfordshireLength of position: 12 months approx.Rate/Salary: Up to £350 per day. Strictly within IR35Key responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop detailed project plans, including the sequence of construction activities, resource allocation, payment milestones and timelines, to guide the successful execution of construction projects.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to estimate materials, labour, and equipment costs.
- Create and maintain construction schedules, closely monitoring progress and adjusting as needed.
- Make informed decisions in coordinating appropriate subcontractors for each project.
- Identify potential risks in project execution and proactively address issues to minimize disruptions to the construction process.
- Inform Proactively about critical activities, or delay of activities.
- Maintain effective communication with project stakeholders, subcontractors, and suppliers, fostering collaborative relationships and providing timely updates on project status.
- Coordinate the creation of project documents, including sketches, drafts, and permits, to ensure accurate and up to-date project records.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including plans, schedules, progress reports, and meeting minutes, to facilitate effective communication and decision-making.
- Analyse project plans and recommend value engineering opportunities to optimize project outcomes while controlling costs.
- Address conflicts or issues that arise during the planning process, facilitating constructive dialogue and finding solutions that align with project objectives.
- Developing and preparing a comprehensive Base Line Project Schedule to ensure the successful delivery of multi-discipline Construction Services.
- Collecting progress data and facilitating the production of periodic Progress Reports to provide valuable insights into project performance.
- Generating daily Short Term Lookaheads for each discipline to ensure seamless project execution.
- Conducting thorough schedule data analysis, forecasting, and trending to identify potential issues and develop effective solutions.
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing documents for compliance to requirements.
- Managing distribution of both electronic and hard copy documents. End to End configuration control.
- Optimises and updates the sequence of the work in cooperation with the discipline engineers and the site manager.
- Generating the 2 week lookahead and critical path of the project.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proficiency in using various project management software, such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or similar tools.
- Strong skills in accurately estimating project costs.
- Familiarity with construction planning tools like Building Information Modelling (BIM) software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other drafting software to interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and technical documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Efficient time management skills to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mind-set to work effectively with diverse project teams.
- Strong leadership qualities to guide project teams.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is preferred.
- 4+ years of Proven work experience as a Construction Planner or in a similar planning role within the construction industry.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search