Role - HSE Advisor
Project - OCGT Plant
Location - Suffolk, UK
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 12 Months + Possible Extensions
Rates - £400 Daily Rate via Umbrella
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our clients team in supporting the Project HSE Manager and contributing to the overall safety and well-being of our clients project site. The Health and Safety Advisor will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, monitoring site activities, and fostering a culture of safety awareness.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Decision Ownership:
- Site Inductions: Deliver comprehensive site inductions to all personnel, ensuring they are well-informed about safety protocols, procedures, and emergency response measures.
- On-Site Monitoring: Conduct regular on-site monitoring of all site activities to ensure adherence to health and safety requirements and standards.
- Permit to Work (PTW): Issue and maintain control over the Permit to Work system, ensuring that work activities are carried out safely and in accordance with established procedures.
- Health and Safety Site Tours: Actively participate in Health and Safety site tours, contributing insights and recommendations to enhance safety practices.
- COSHH Stores: Inspect COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) stores to verify compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
- POWRA Review: Review completed Point of Work Risk Assessments (POWRAs) to ensure accuracy and alignment with safety protocols.
- Participation in Committees: Participate in Health and Safety Committees as requested, providing valuable input to drive continuous improvement in safety measures.
- Emergency Response: Fulfill allocated responsibilities within the Emergency Response Team, actively contributing to emergency preparedness and response efforts.
- RAMS Review: Review Risk Assessment and Method Statement (RAMS) documents, offering insightful comments to ensure alignment with legal and project-specific requirements.
- RAMS Tracking: Maintain an up-to-date RAMS tracking sheet, tracking the status and progress of various Risk Assessment and Method Statement documents.
- Training Requirements: Monitor and review training needs across the project, ensuring that all personnel have received appropriate safety training and certifications.
Health & Safety:
- You will comply with all health, safety and environmental legislation and site rules at all times with a driving force to reduce, if not eliminate, harm where possible. HSE is everyone's duty in ensuring everyone goes home safe and healthy every day.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, preferably within a construction or industrial environment.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary project team.
- Detail-oriented approach with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for tracking and reporting.
Must have Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- A recognised qualification in Health and Safety) NEBOSH certificate is essential.
- CSCS card.
- Impactful Contribution: Be an integral part of a team committed to enhancing safety and environmental practices in the construction industry.
- Professional Growth: Gain valuable experience and skills while working on diverse construction projects.
- Collaborative Environment: Work closely with a dedicated project team, fostering a culture of safety and compliance.
- Safety Advocacy: Contribute to creating a safer work environment and promoting a positive safety culture.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search