Role - Design Authority Analyst - Thermal Energy
Location - Hybrid - 2/3 Days in Either Leeds, Glasgow, Perth
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 6 Months + Potential Extensions
Rates - £300 - £350 Daily Rate via Umbrella
Clearance - BPSS
Supporting the Design Authority Manager to develop and maintain engineering project governance processes and tools in order to ensure successful delivery of our exciting pipeline of low carbon and hydrogen projects.
- Project Governance: Assist in the preparation of, and subsequent maintenance of a library of governance documents, and manage the regular review and update cycles to ensure that a comprehensive suite of up-to-date guidance and tools is available.
- Assurance: Assist in scheduling and managing a programme of project assurance audits to ensure that engineering governance is being applied sufficiently and consistently across the project portfolio.
- Progress/Status Reporting: Collation and moderation of weekly report across all projects to ensure line of sight to management, and escalation of key issues.
- Resource Forecasting, Monitoring and Reporting: Ensure project resource forecasts are updated on a monthly basis and collation of data for presentation at monthly project governance meetings. Collation of monthly figures for hours spent working on capital projects, review against forecasts, and communication to relevant finance colleagues.
- Value Capture: Development and subsequent maintenance of a robust and transparent value capture process for project engineering teams to demonstrate the nature and quantum of value being added to projects.
- SharePoint: Develop a focal point for engineering governance within a SharePoint Environment, and ensure that it is maintained up to date, and communicated across the project engineering teams.
- Lessons Learned: Facilitate Engineering Lessons Learned workshops across all projects, and ensure that key lessons and trends are communicated across the engineering teams and beyond as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of similar business governance or assurance processes would be an advantage but not essential.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Experience of working within a professional office setting.
- Strong IT literacy and competent use of Microsoft O365 and SharePoint.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Project is desirable.
- Attention to detail, including excellent written and grammatical English for preparation of reports and presentations.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Ability to work with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work within a team and under own management to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search