Project Manager Internal Product Development
We work with a very interesting company that are involved with underwater innovations (Sonar and Acoustic Technology) for Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
This role will primarily be responsible for successful execution of engineering projects against specified objectives on time, on budget and to specification whilst following and evolving internal company processes for project delivery. The role will also share responsibility for the Project Management Office tools (Microsoft Project), processes and compliance across projects. Project budgets, anywhere from £50k to over £1m
- Deliver development Projects on time, on budget and to specification ensuring Projects are properly planned, resourced, and executed, monitoring costs against the project plan and raising any deviations with management.
- Create, maintain, and share a project plan that documents key milestones, tasks, processes and risks throughout the development that leads to delivery of the system on time and on budget.
- Ensure that comprehensive, reviewed project specifications and designs are produced that identify and document the functional requirements and performance characteristics of the system, using expert resources across the company where appropriate.
- Control project related risks by identifying, documenting, assessing and mitigating them where possible, raising them to senior management where appropriate.
- Coordinate closely with internal engineering development teams, such as software and hardware groups to ensure projects are resourced correctly.
- Lead and participate in internal gateway reviews, ensuring that all actions are recorded and
- completed in a timely manner.
- Deliver timely and thorough targeted communication to all those with a direct and indirect interest including internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake project closeout reviews to gather lessons learned that can be fed back into improvements in processes and procedures
Essential experience required:
- Proven Project management expertise with internal departmental co-ordination/delivery
- Proven ability to deliver results through others
- Excellent planning and organising including work scheduling, prioritising and multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Problem solving & fault finding
- Microsoft Project management experience
It would be desirable if you had:
- Educated to degree level BSc/BEng or equivalent preferably in an Engineering related degree
- Engineering background with a sound understanding of development processes and tools
- Knowledge and use of Jira software for task management, Agile development methodologiesand associated technics used to manage engineering project developments.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search