Transducer Production Process Engineer
We work with a very interesting company that are involved with underwater innovations (Sonar and Acoustic Technology) for Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
You will work in collaboration with the production transducer department, production engineers and transducer engineers with emerging subsea acoustic technologies to ensure manufacturing quality, efficiency and excellence. Responsible for implementation of production processes, procedures and tooling, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduced waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs.
Manage transducer assembly non-conformances and resulting corrective actions. This role requires a knowledge of transducer assembly processes, potting and bonding compounds, and transducer data analysis. To be the first point of contact for all issues and concerns from production as well as aiding in the introduction of new designs and technologies into Production from Engineering.
- Provide a key link between Production & Engineering to improve factory throughput.
- Be the first point of contact for Transducer Production issues/concerns.
- Review transducer processes and design fixtures and tooling for improvements in production assembly and test activities.
- Observe production quality and review documentation to given specification to ensure acoustic products are suitable for subsea use.
- Work with the wider Production team with Acoustic testing, suggest improvements and problem solve issues.
- Work with Transducer Engineering team to solve Transducer Production issues/concerns and prevent reoccurrence.
- Be part of a broader production engineering team to aid investigations and improvements related to transducer design issues.
- To manage and allocate transducer related non-conformance reports (NCR's)
- Review new products and techniques with the Engineering team and aid in the introduction and training of these into production.
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and work with transducer engineers on resulting
- Working closely with NPI and Quality Engineers to ensure design for manufacture and best
- practice is adopted on new transducer designs.
- Identifying manufacturing needs for new products in development.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Carry out PFMEA's (process failure mode effects analysis) Process documentation and
- implement improvements.
- Investigate production and process issues providing Technical Support and training.
- Keep up with current and developing engineering trends.
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Define, manage, and report on the transducer department's key performance indicators (KPI's)
Essential experience required:
- Practical mechanical engineering skills including relevant experience of prototype assembly and Testing
- Physics, Mathematics or Engineering Degree or equivalent. Minimum BEng/BSc.
- 5 year minimum work in a relevant industry
- Process manufacturing experience
- Advanced computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Problem solving and results orientated, and exercises latitude and technical judgement in
- deciding work methods
- Ability to communicate well with all areas of the business, shows excellent negotiation skills and has a collaborative approach to working together.
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and rework
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed to good communication and interpersonal skills with an excellent attention to detail.
It would be desirable if you had:
- Transducer design fundamentals
- Hardware design
- Ability to use CAD (3D Modelling) - Inventor preferable
- Experience and understanding of quality/process improvement tools (8D, Route cause analysis, FMEA)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search