Electro-Mechanical Production Process Engineer
We work with a very interesting company that are involved with underwater innovations (Sonar and Acoustic Technology) for Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
You will work in collaboration with production, production engineers and electromechanical engineers to ensure manufacturing quality, efficiency, and excellence.
Responsible for implementation of production processes, procedures and tooling, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduced waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manage electromechanical non-conformances and resulting corrective actions. Work on various development project tasks to ensure project milestones are met and projects are completed on time.
- Provide a key link between Production & Engineering to improve factory throughput.
- Be the first point of contact for Electromechanical Production issues/concerns.
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and work with electromechanical engineers on
- resulting actions.
- Identifying manufacturing needs for new products in development.
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities and methods to ensure the cost
- effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
- Design fixtures and tooling for improvements in production assembly and test activities.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Remove waste from production and business processes.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Carry out PFMEA's (process failure mode effects analysis) Process documentation and implement improvements.
- Investigate production and process issues providing Technical Support and training.
- Keep up with current and developing engineering trends.
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Define, manage, and report on the electromechanical key performance indicators (KPI's)
Essential experience required
- Process manufacturing experience and understanding of manufacturing processes including wiring, wire harnesses, crimps, electromechanical assembly and testing
- Physics, Mathematics or Engineering Degree or equivalent. Minimum BEng/BSc.
- 5 year minimum work in a relevant industry
- Advanced computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Problem solving and results orientated, and exercises latitude and technical judgement in deciding work methods.
- Understand engineering, scientific and other technical information.
- Ability to communicate well with all areas of the business, shows excellent negotiation skills and has a collaborative approach to working together.
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and rework
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed to good communication and interpersonal skills with an excellent attention to detail.
It would be desirable if you had:
- Experience in production tooling design and implementation.
- Hardware design
- Ability to use CAD (3D Modelling) - Inventor preferable
- Knowledge of mechanical inspection methods, rules and processes
- Experience and understanding of quality/process improvement tools (8D, Route cause analysis, FMEA)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search