Instrument and Control Technician
Base Location: South Hook LNG Site, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire
Salary: £39,968 per annum based on the JIB Technician Rate, with own transport - PAYE-£20.44 @ 37.5hrs and happy to discuss CIS Rates
Working Pattern: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Pembrokeshire & Swansea
Our client, a multi-disciplinary contracting business with over 30 years of experience, is seeking an Instrument and Control Technician to join their Maintenance team based within Pembrokeshire. With a strong commitment to safety and a focus on delivering complex projects in complex environments, our client plays a vital role in connecting, sustaining, and renewing critical infrastructure in the UK and Ireland.
- Install, configure, and calibrate instrumentation and control systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues in instrumentation and control systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on instruments and control equipment.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to support commissioning and start-up of new equipment or control systems.
- Participate in regular inspections and tests to verify the accuracy and functionality of instruments and control systems.
- Keep detailed records of maintenance activities, equipment status, and calibration data.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and industry regulations in all instrumentation and control work.
- Assist in the development and implementation of maintenance procedures and best practices.
- Stay updated with technological advancements in instrumentation and control systems, recommending upgrades or improvements where appropriate.
- Proven experience as an Instrument and Control Technician or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of various control systems, including Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, calibration equipment, and software applications for instrumentation and control.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment with occasional on-call or overtime requirements.
To apply for this position, please contact Nathaniel Watkins, at or call 442922260371.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search