Senior Systems Engineer
Hybrid Permanent position
My international client is a provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. Due to a number of new project wins, they are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Systems Engineer. The Engineering department is split between the UK (Radar and ECDIS products) and Germany (Navigation products) As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will take a leading role in the development and delivery of their VisionMaster product lines, particularly focused on the ECDIS and Radar products.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Conduct systems engineering activities throughout the solution lifecycle for multiple engineering development projects, including following activities:
- Systems requirements capture, analysis, acceptance and traceability
- Systems design, integration and acceptance
- Evidence gathering that the solution is compliant to customer and regulatory requirements
- Coordination of System Engineering workload, including delegation to internal or external resource where appropriate.
- Continuous improvement of solution development processes, including new process development and working practices.
- Coordination with other engineering and non-engineering functions to help solving problems as they arise
- Identification of technical risks and elaboration of mitigations in coordination with the wider engineering team, the project management and the product line management teams
- Release, review and coordination of technical documentation to quality and schedule
- Compliance to Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- Conduct of any other reasonable management request
Experience and skills required
- 3+ years' experience in systems engineering
- Degree (BSc) in electrical/electronic engineering or similar)
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
- In-depth knowledge of IV&V processes and electronics development lifecycles
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Good technical writing skills
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
Desirable skills required
- Understanding of electronics environmental and EMC qualification
- Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment and/or marine electronic standards
- Knowledge of iterative solution development lifecycles (e.g. Agile frameworks)
- INCOSE and/or IET Member/Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, XRay)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search