Senior Mechanical Engineer Hybrid Permanent positionNB!!! Due to the nature of the project only Engineers with DBS/BPSS clearance eligibility apply.My international client is a provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. Due to a number of new project wins, they are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will autonomously, providing mechanical technical guidance and be accountable for the project delivery across the Mechanical team, working together with the Mechanical Team Lead and reporting to the Engineering ManagerResponsibilities of the position include:
- Action Engineering Change Orders
- Preparation and review of Work packages for outsourcing activities in the mechanical design.
- Production of mechanical designs, documentation, drawings and 3D models.
- Modification of older drawings, creation of new drawings and 3D models
- Liaise with PLM, Electronics Design Team, System Testing, Supply Chain and Production.
- Full Hands-on development
- Work with previous Mechanical Chief Engineer, Mechanical Team Lead and Engineering Manager
- High level technical documentation
- Maintenance of the mechanical files database
- Maintain the CAD software and Windchill PDM licenses
- Create technical descriptions for Publications (manuals and datasheets)
Experience and skills required
- 6+ years mechanical development
- Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering
- Understands Geometrical Tolerances
- Good understanding of the Design Process
- Knowledge of Creo 3.0 and PDM Link 11.0
- Experience with mechanical simulation (FEA)
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of marine navigation equipment, and marine radar (desirable)
- Competent to check and review drawings, documents and BOM's
- To author Technical Documentation to meet Customer requirements
- Understands Manufacturing processes and techniques
- Understanding of the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our engineering regulatory requirements
- Understand test methods for Shock, Vibration, Ingress, Environmental (Hot, Cold & Humidity), EMC
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search