Prototype Technician - MechanicalCarbon60 are currently looking for a mechanically biased Prototype Technician for one of our market-leading, innovative Automotive clients based in Coventry. They are seeking for an individual to support the business' growth aspirations and continue the production of disruptive, patented products whilst making strides towards a greener world along the way.Working Hours: 07:45 - 16:15, Monday - Thursday. 07:45 - 14:00, Friday.Contract: 6 Month RollingResponsibilities: The role of the Mechanical Prototype Technician is to support the production process by supporting the build of components into assemblies, all the way to mechanical activities involved in final vehicle assembly.Essential Experience/Requirements: Our client is looking for and individual with previous experience in the build of low-volume prototype vehicles. Including (but not limited to) the following elements:
- Suspension Components
- Corner Unit Assemblies
- Power Hydraulics
- Electric Motors
- Braking Systems
- Electrical Harness Installations
- Prototype Interior Trim
- Prototype Body Panels
- Awareness of HV battery packs and Low/High Voltage vehicle systems (and their interactions on prototype vehicle builds)
- Ability to read, interpret and question engineering drawings
- Perform basic measurement and inspection tasks from component through to assembly level.
- HV Authorised or equivalent trained
- Motor vehicle qualified (Secondary level)
- Proficient with basic workshop equipment (EV Charge Points, HVAC Charging Stations, Tyre Pressure, Wheel Balancing, etc.
- Awareness of test vehicle commissioning and shakedown processes/procedures
- Awareness of basic test and verification instrumentation activities and components.
- Awareness of component and vehicle level DVP testing and gathering associated data.
- Full UK Driving License (ability to drive up to and including C1-E desirable)
- UK Passport or equivalent
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Competitive salary
- Full private medical insurance for employees
- Virtual GP appointments available 24/7
- Contributory pension scheme (Contribution of up to 6% of base salary)
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Life assurance at 4x's base salary
- Life, Money & wellbeing support
- Free on-site Gym
- Free on-site parking
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search