Joint Maritime Security Centre (JMSC) Watchkeeper
Located in a military facility, successful applicants will play a key role as a shift Watchkeeper in an expanding team that provide 24/7/365 cover.
As a watchkeeper you play a key role in monitoring the UK Maritime Area, developing, and maintaining situational awareness within the UK Maritime Area and to coordinate the information response to any maritime security issues that may occur in a calm efficient manner.
This includes utilising the following systems to build a comprehensive picture of the UK Maritime Area
- Maritime Trade Information System (MTIS),
- Recognised Maritime Picture (RMP)
- TELESTO Web Viewer
- Computer Aided Maritime Threat Evaluation Software (CAMTES)
- Shared Hosting Environment
- Liaise with cross-government maritime agencies to coordinate responses to maritime security threats
- To provide 24/7 monitoring of the UK's overseas territories maritime areas for possible infringements.
- To monitor social media and news sources for early identification of potential threats
Shifts will be for a period of 12 hours and follow a pattern of 4 days on, 4 nights on followed by 6 days off. This will continue for a period of 9 cycles after which you will have a 16-day break.
Successful applicants will be put into a set shift rota with limited flexibility. Holiday is allocated over set periods and there is very limited scope for change.
To be considered for this role you will have the following:
- MOD security clearance or be content to undergo Security Clearance to SC level.
- Background knowledge of either merchant or military shipping would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to act calmly under pressure
- Able to follow laid down process
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Experience of working set shift patterns and unsociable hours
- Be fully compliant with HMG Information Assurance and Information Security regulations Familiar with RN maritime systems.
- Start date - ASAP
- End date - April 24 after which the contract will be competed for a 1-2-year period.
- Rate - dependent on experience and interview
- Base Location - MCSU, Portsdown Technology Park, Portsmouth
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search