GCU are a specialised contractor working in the Telecommunications sector in partnership with City Fibre, and they have a new HGV Fitter role based in Aberdeen.
As a HGV Fitter you will be reporting to the Transport Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, repair and testing of the Company's plant equipment.Key Responsibilities:
- To maintain, inspect, repair all plant equipment and have working knowledge of fault diagnosis
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards
- Prepare and present vehicles for 6 weekly inspections and annual MOT inspections
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- Experience of small plant repair would be advantageous e.g Whacker Plates, Mini diggers
You will need
- To be HGV trained, possess a HGV licence category C minimum
- Previous experience working in a relevant Fitter / Technician role.
- Knowledge of workshop health and safety practises is expected from applicants
- Have a good standard of verbal & written communication and have the ability to use computer systems.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive hourly rate and extensive hours, a split shift arrangement can also be considered.
Should this position be of interest, apply now to work with GCU on the City Fibre Network!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted