Mechanical Fitter - West Bromwich Our client is a specialist manufacturer of intermediates for the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Agrochemical sectors. They are looking to hire Mechanical Fitters into their Mechanical team. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter (Senior) dependant on which role and we are looking for an immediate start. The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Be able to mentor other Mechanical Fitters. (Senior)
- Be able to mentor apprentices via apprenticeship organisation. (Senior)
- Be self-managing on tasks and be able to lead other Mechanical Fitters. (Senior)
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 2 (RQF level 2) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP's, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
- You will have experience in a Petro-Chemical or Heavy Industry environment and be fully conversant with the types of equipment detailed above. (Senior)
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
Hours: 38 hours - Monday to Friday 7.54am to 4pm, (flexible hours available), paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme. 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays)
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted