PROJECT DIRECTOR - (EPC solar)
Are you a proven Projects Director (EPC solar) seeking a new role? A rare opportunity to join a global leader in the renewable energy sector has become available in my client's construction management team in the Bologna area, Italy. The Project Director (EPC solar), a permanent hybrid /smart working position, requires experience in the EPC of utility scale solar PV projects. The Project Director (EPC solar) will be responsible for managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget as well as submitting offers for new projects. The Project Director (EPC solar) will work closely with the site engineers, design & engineering team, project managers. H&S team and the finance team within my client, as well as externally with the subcontractors, equipment suppliers and clients/developers to ensure on schedule completion and compliance with the company's quality standards. The Project Director (EPC solar) will report directly to the General Manager Europe
The role of Project Director (EPC solar) will involve, but not be limited to:
- Coordination and roll out (according to company procedures) with Design Department for the needed support during tender preparation.
- Decision on brand and type of major equipment for the tender in accordance with commercial and technical specifications
- Cooperation with the technical team for calculation of Performance Warranties for the project [PR level, production warranty, availability level]
- Review of Head of Terms and legal due diligence of the tender contracts
- Review of the commercial terms of the tender [payment terms, warranties, timeline, LDs, etc]
- Decision on the contractual Warranties for the tender [PR level, production warranty, availability level]
- Coordination/Overview between different internal departments having a role in the tender preparation
- Determination of the project time schedule in accordance with equipment delivery times, workmanship and contract timeline
- Communication with external clients to ensure smooth contract process and high satisfaction levels
- Sign off of the technical, legal, finance and O&M part of the EPC contract
- Preparation of RFQ for rest of equipment (cables, grounding, fence, CB, Welfare, Buildings, Monitoring, Security system, Security services)
- Management of start-up procedures before NTP [working visas, taxation structure, consultants, etc]
- Prepare, finalise and sign Supply and Services contract, according to the final Commercial Term sheets
- Determination of recruitment needs for each project [internal & external resources]
- Review and evaluation of extra cost/change orders requests [to and from customer/subcontractors]
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical or civil engineering or other.
- MSc is considered an advantage
- Certification in project management e.g., MBA / PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage
- Proven track record of 5+ years in the EPC of utility scale solar projects (previous experience in solar parks in the UK is considered an advantage)
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Fluent in English and Italian is a prerequisite, other languages considered a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary
- Must be legally entitled to work in the EU
With a competitive salary, plus benefits, a strong pipeline of work, hybrid/smart working and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search