Technical Manager (EPC energy)
Are you a Technical Manager (EPC energy) with experience in DNOs/TSOs within the Italian market? Are you looking for your next meaningful move to a trusted global giant within their space? If so this could be the role for you! I am currently recruiting for a proven Technical Manager (EPC energy), for a permanent hybrid / smart working position to join my Client's project and construction management teams in Bologna, Italy. The Technical Manager (EPC energy) will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout their life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of projects across Italy. The Technical Manager (EPC energy) will report directly to the Senior Technical Manager.
The role of Technical Manager (EPC energy) will involve, but not be limited to:
- Liaise with the engineering department or engineering contractors during the design phase to ensure that local regulations are being met.
- Liaise with local agencies, DNOs, etc to clarify processes and local requirements.
- Provide clarifications and flag critical technical points to the local site teams prior to the start of construction.
- Site visits may be required to confirm that the construction drawings are implemented.
- Support the Project Management and Construction teams in regard to the technical details of the projects.
- Participate in the projects' commissioning process by defining proper commissioning steps and ensuring that sites have reached commission stage.
- Participate in meetings to provide technical support to the project management team.
- Being the point of contact for local investors' technical teams and work with the engineering department to resolve technical issues in the best interest of the company.
- Assist local project management teams in the tender preparation on clarifying technical scope and reviewing technical part of the tender.
- Assist project management team to define the technical scope of subcontractors after liaising with engineering department.
Essential Skills / Qualifications: The Technical Manager (EPC energy) will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified within Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5+ years working experience in EPC electrical projects, with experience in either utility scale solar PV or B.E.S.S. or renewables being a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with DNOs, TSOs etc
- Work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Be able to interface with different company departments (development, engineering, management, etc..) with a cooperative and proactive approach
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and spoken) languages is a prerequisite, with fluency in other languages an advantage
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the EU
- Experience in managing projects from concept to completion (i.e. - both office based, and site based) to effectively control the programme of works is highly desirable
- Must be able to travel frequently to various sites around Italy
With a competitive package on offer, a strong pipeline of work, hybrid/smart working and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search