Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) Are you a proven Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) with experience in the EPC of utility scale renewable energy projects? Are you seeking your next meaningful career move? A great opportunity has opened up to join my Client's construction management team in Italy for a perm/staff position. The Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) will work closely under my Client's Project Management team to manage the on-site operations, at various locations throughout Italy, during the construction period, to ensure on schedule completion and compliance with my Client's high-quality standards. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) to join a global leader in the renewable energy space.
The role of Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) will involve, but not be limited to:
- Pre-condition site surveys
- Initial site setup and establishment (supported by the HSE site manager)
- Identification of local resources, materials, services
- Assist the HSE site manager with establishment and ongoing management of welfare and waste facilities, as well as plant hire (as required)
- Ongoing management of the on-site operations
- Ensure correct implementation of electrical, civil and mechanical construction drawings by the main subcontractor
- Supervise subcontractors schedule and works
- Manage interferences between subcontractors
- Report to the project manager any deviations from the PoW or scope by the subcontractors
- Quantity and quality receipt of on-site materials from main equipment and local suppliers
- Manage construction flow and timetable
- Provide technical support and guidance, solving on site problems
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly progress reports and documentation for internal use and Stakeholder requirements
- Ensure compliance with QHSE procedures
- Management of site finishing works and demobilisation
- Interface with on-site Stakeholder representatives
Essential Skills / Qualifications: The Lead Site Engineer (renewable energy) will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MEng in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering.
- 5+ years of working experience in the construction of utility scale renewable energy projects (with a proven track record in the construction of utility scale solar PV parks considered an advantage)
- Ability to interpret electrical, mechanical and civil construction drawings is essential.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD.
- Having lived and/or worked in Italy is considered an advantage
- Fluency in English and Italian is essential
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home
- Open to candidates who are legally entitled to work in the EU
With a competitive salary and package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great career prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search