Our client are a leading Engineering & Industrial Services Provider with over 300 sites across the UK and Republic of Ireland. A number of requirements are available for a Electrical / Mechanical Fitters to work at their site in Castle Donington.
You will be working with a business who offer specialised engineering services, offering a wide range of engineering components, technical services and customised solutions across all areas of industry.
Products range from flow control, power transmission to bearings with services ranging from maintenance, repair and replacement through to specialist engineering.
We are open to looking at all levels of experience from those coming straight out of an Apprenticeship through to industry experience.
You will ideally have some experience fitting on gearboxes, motors or pumps.
The primary responsibility of the job role will be to repair, overhaul and service a wide range of industrial rotating equipment including AC & DC electric motors, pumps, gearbox's, fans and associated ancillary equipment both in house and on site to OEM specifications whilst working to strict quality requirements and health & safety guidelines.
- Repairs to all types of industrial equipment including AC and DC motors, Motorised Gearboxes, Gearbox's, Pumps, Fan units and other associated rotating equipment
- Have the ability to fault find and identify and rectify defects and worn / damaged components
- Have as a minimum basic electrical testing capability to assess electrical condition of AC & DC components
- Have sound mechanical engineering knowledge to identify and rectify faulty and worn / damaged components and understand reclamation techniques and reverse engineering options
- Pump experience namely hot oil, water, also basic hydraulic knowledge
- Applicants must be flexible and be prepared to work the hours required in a demanding and busy 24/7 service orientated environment
- Participate in call out rota as required
- Working on site in addition to the workshop when required (Site working experience is a distinct advantage and suitable qualifications such as CCNSG passport is preferable)
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted