The role We have an exciting opportunity with CCN Verevo working in partnership with CityFibre on the roll out of 5G across the country. They are seeking a Civils Supervisor to work in the Portsmouth area. CCN and Nexus are a company which have grown rapidly as the UK accelerates its plans to build digital infrastructure. Their future is exciting as they continue to be a significant regional contractor and have a pipeline of orders to build the South.
You will be responsible for overseeing field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe and compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance. The role will require the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the locality.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carrying out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Collaborating with internal teams, client and local authorities.
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings.
- Communicating with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans.
- Completing daily audits, analysing, and feeding back results to operational managers including Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager.
- Demonstrating strong management with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Ensuring build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required.
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance.
You will have:
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Having good IT skills, sound knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word, Visio etc.
- Knowledge of Telecoms Network Build would be an advantage.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted