An exciting opportunity has arisen due to continued growth of a client in the renewable energy sector. I am currently recruiting for a proven Project Manager with a practical Mechanical/Electrical background, ideally located in the Northwest. The successful candidate would join my client's management team in a permanent position. You would be responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects whilst working with the sales and technical department. The Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Projects. Full training and backup support provided. The Role: You will need organisational and IT skills to take responsibility for a project from receipt of order stage, through delivery, installation and finally commissioning through to handover. This is an office and site-based role depending on the complexity of the project where you will be expected to: -
- Attend hand-over meeting with the sales department to take ownership of the project
- Co-ordinate the designs including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and GA.
- Liaise with our supply chain for ordering components and coordinating sub-contractors
- Organise and attend client site technical meetings
- Coordinate delivery and installation logistics
- Oversee commissioning and make sure the project is complete within program.
What they are looking for: Personal Skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Team Player
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
- Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast-moving business.
Experience and Qualifications Essential:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an engineer or project manager in the industry, or similar role.
- Previous relevant experience with Generators, Combined heat and Power Systems.
- Strong practical knowledge of CHP, acoustics, mechanical P&ID's, Electrical Schematics
- IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, and Word. MS Project and Office 365 experience would be beneficial.
- Project Management Qualification
- Good Electrical and Mechanical controls knowledge
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems.
- CAD Qualification or practical skill
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
- IEE 18th Edition Qualified
- CSCS card
- Experience with building services plant (both electrical and mechanical)
- Experience with steam systems including Global Conformity assessments
- Excellent staff benefits
- Flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted