Trust Utilities in Lincoln are working in partnership with CityFibre and have lots of new roles! We are offering you the chance to join as a Fibre Areal Cable Operative covering the Lincoln area. In this role as a Fibre Areal Cable Operative, you will already have experience working in a similar role. The role As a Fibre Areal Cable Operative, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK. Your role will be to build and maintain specifically copper cable pulling, jointing and testing; Involves heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, jointing at internal & external locations, and identifying cables/parts of cables to be worked on in various locations and environments. You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Working safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act; Personal Safety.
- Usage of telecoms installation & test equipment.
- Working with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification.
- Working on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts.
- Ensuring all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers.
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills - Whilst interacting with service providers, end users, members of the public.
- Record changes and applying updating, as a result of work carried out.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
- Knowledge of BT Network would be an advantage.
- Full Driving License.
- CAT 5 Accredited. Approved Fibre/Containment Installation trained.
- City & Guilds preferred, relevant telecoms qualifications.
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding.
- NRSWA Accredited.
- Safe Working Practices and Gas Testing.
- Pension Scheme.
- 28 Days of Annual Leave.
- Personal portable devices as Laptop & Mobile Phone.
- Access to discounted rates
- Access to company vehicles
Trust are offering local people, local jobs and have ongoing training opportunities as well as competitive salaries and benefits package. If you are looking for a role with progression prospects look no further, apply today!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted