Mechanical Design Engineer
Qioptiq are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to deliver detailed mechanical designs for products and processes for internal and external customers as part of the Engineering Team.
Tooling, Equipment and Process Design, Development and improvement
- Based on design brief or customer requirement, produce concept designs of tooling and equipment
- Carry out detailed design (fully and minimally dimensioned drawings) for low-volume high precision tooling parts and assemblies
- Attend and/or chair tooling and equipment design reviews with stakeholders
- Generate structured BoMs for manufacture and MRP System
- Perform controlled engineering experiments to validate tooling design
- Support optimisation requirements for existing/legacy product portfolio
- Work with NPI engineering to identify new tooling and equipment opportunities to enhance performance
- Identify and meet all compliance requirements
- Identify & propose improvements to product design and build processes
- Provide support to NPI and production personnel.
- Liaise with vendors to optimize design viability where necessary
- Provide support to the Sales, Customer Support and Product Management functions in bid preparation
- Higher National or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline, or equivalent vocational training in a relevant industrial environment.
- Solid experience in the concept and detailed design for manufacture principles.
- Knowledge of design for manufacture principles.
- Ability to demonstrate inventive thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top level concept to piece-part design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production.
- Hands-on experience of 2D and 3D CAD systems and PDM.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to demonstrate scientific literacy.
This is a full time, permanent position. You must be a non-smoker/vaper and able to commute to Hamble in order to apply.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted