Qioptiq Photonics are looking for a Calibration & Maintenance Technician in the Hamble area.
The role includes:
* Internal Calibration and Maintenance (C&M) on tooling, jigs and test equipment (EQ)
* Sending out EQ for external C&M when required
* Use of business systems to record C&M activity, control equipment and report EQ status (database, MS Excel, email).* Preservation and improvement of C&M processes to ensure that processes are effective and records are accurate
- Calibrate and maintain equipment as outlined in C&M instructions and equipment manuals recording the outcomes in the EQ database or associated reports.
- Carry out calibrations of internal measuring equipment, including but not limited to, jigs and gauges, crimp tools and torque drivers and ESD bench testing.
- Effectively & promptly quarantine equipment that is not fit for use, ensuring that any calibration failures or potential equipment shortages are immediately communicated to the relevant personnel
- Co-ordinate the timely withdrawal of equipment requiring calibration from its place of use with Team Leaders and return the same equipment following successful calibration.
- Update the EQ database to record the status and location of calibrated, maintained and quarantined equipment and the progress of externally calibrated and maintained equipment.
- Develop, update and review calibration and maintenance procedures for both existing and new equipment to allow effective C&M activities.
- If required produce detailed reports on the results of calibration and maintenance activities.
- Work with relevant departments to effectively prepare and send out equipment for external C&M.
- Work with Supply Chain & external suppliers, acting as the point of contact for on-site visits or external services, to facilitate effective calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure traceability of standards for calibrated equipment both internally and externally.
- Control the storage & disposition of spare calibration and maintenance equipment to ensure it is controlled effectively.
Safety and Quality
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with all Laser Risk Assessments and guidelines.
- Work within company procedures for quality (QMS) and maintain high levels of cleanliness, traceability of parts and documentation.
- Work to all procedures as required in all production areas.
- Assist and support with internal and external audits.
Training and Continuous Improvement
- Undertake training relevant to role.
- Train other employees when required.
- Assist in the development of planned calibration and preventative maintenance schedules
- Contribute to continuous improvement by recommending and implementing preventative and corrective action measures.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge and experience of conducting and coordinating internal and external calibration and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of computers, various operating systems and software, as well as experience in using a database to update equipment data and information.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to interpret manufacturing drawings / specs and technical documents.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to use mechanical and electronic test and inspection equipment.
- Non-smoker and non-vaper
- Customer Focus
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Part Inspection
The Calibration & Maintenance Technician must be able to demonstrate the ability to comply with regulations and take responsibility for their own actions. They must be able to work with other teams and show flexibility in all aspects of their work. The role requires attention to detail, tenacity and resilience. It also requires someone who will be results-driven in order to get their tasks completed to strict deadlines. The Calibration & Maintenance Technician should be a good communicator with colleagues and be able to find solutions, make decisions and have a good understanding of the organization.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted