Research and Development Engineering Manager
My international client is a defence specialist who develop innovative solutions in the sectors of radar, electronics, optronics and avionics.
To lead a team of analysts, and to work with systems engineers, software, hardware, and mechanical engineers to aid in bringing new products and/or product features from conceptual problems through to delivery into service.
- Manage the day to day running of the Research and Development Group
- Provide a leadership and supervisory role for more junior engineers
- Apply and communicate knowledge/experience of real-world challenges in radar systems, common techniques, typical system architectures, existing technologies, and engineering methodologies
- Promote a better understanding of real-world problems, operational need and practice, and customer experience
- Aid Sales and Systems Engineering staff in the selection of appropriate products and system architectures to meet the detailed needs of customers, in response to requests for proposal and customer enquiries
- Contributing to the planning of PV activities
- Participate in the derivation, interpretation, negotiation, and assessment of compliance against customer and internally identified requirements, and against international standards and legislation
- Overall responsibility for radar simulation activity, including:
- Performance modelling
- Signal Processing modelling; to match current implementations and investigate further development (in close collaboration with the FPGA/Software team)
- Promote innovation and process improvements
- Involvement with external research bodies (e.g. Universities)
- Well-founded knowledge and experience of radar systems, preferably marine navigation or ground surveillance
- Understanding of technical aspects of primary radar sub-systems, from the electromagnetic environment to the display of radar information on a user interface
- Proven track record of solving performance and functional problems in complex electronic systems
- Operational experience of using radar systems for navigation or surveillance purposes desirable
- Detailed knowledge/experience of Radar Theory and applied Signal Processing is desirable
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain drive, momentum, and efficiency of individual and team activity
To be a central point of reference between Radar Analysts, System Engineers, Hardware/Software Engineers, Sales, Project and Departmental Managers
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted