Lead Linux Engineer Linux Engineers are critical to the success of our market leading and agile delivery teams across our business. Collaborating with Architects, Software Developers and Testers, we align complex systems to exacting standards and deliver mission value that transforms client systems, whilst delivering improvement in reliability, cost and organisational agility. You will be required to undergo security clearance - please contact me for further information. Your Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to design, build and maintain mission critical systems
- Administering systems, applications and databases based on Linux operating systems
- Maintaining and troubleshooting IP networking systems
- Automating system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling
- Continuously expand your own skills, maintaining and enhancing relevant certifications
- Proven experience of designing, deploying and administering Linux or Unix based solutions, using virtualisation, containerisation, Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tools, techniques & procedures.
- Certified to RHCE equivalent level in one of the appropriate Linux certification bodies, for example GIAC, LPI, Oracle, RedHat or The Linux Foundation;
- Experience of designing, deploying & troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker;
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package - choose which benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme - exceptional performance is recognised through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development - opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted