Our client, Qioptiq Photonics, currently have an opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their quality team in Hamble, Southampton.
The supplier quality engineer is required to provide assurance of supplier compliance with all business procedures, regulatory standards and develop processes to monitor and control suppliers. The supplier quality engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and improving the quality performance of suppliers through auditing, generating and reporting supplier KPI's, tackling non-conformities and qualifying suppliers as required.
Supplier Quality Engineer Role Responsibilities:
- Support wider Quality Department in activity as required
- Lead/support teams in Quality Investigations (Purchasing, Production and Engineering etc)
- Keep up to date with developments and trends in Quality Best Practices and Regulatory Standards
- Lead and support development and maintenance of business systems, procedures and documentation
- Lead and support certification to new or existing Regulatory Standards and carry out internal and supplier product & process audits in line with ISO 9001:2015
- Conduct internal audits throughout the audit cycle and drive associated improvement activities
- Conduct system administration and work to streamline quality and business processes
- Provide Supplier Quality Engineering support to Supply Chain manufacturing to maintain OTD and Quality
- Review supplier deviations and requests for suitability prior to approval
- Generate and action Supplier Reject Notes (RN) and Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARS) within time frames
- Manage and drive all Material Review Board (MRB) life cycle processes including investigation and disposition
- Ensure all supplier manufacturing change embeds Quality methodologies (Human Factors, Poka-Yoke, MSA etc)
- Lead Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action (RCCA / CAPA) methodologies such as DMAIC, 8D, 5W & 6M etc
- Conduct statistical analysis, such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) or Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) as required for Supplier Investigations
- Carry out data analysis, report on trends on Supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (e.g. Scrap, Warranty etc.)
- Preparation of internal and external Quality Reports and presentations as required
- Support Supply Chain Department in qualification and approval of new suppliers and qualifying suppliers to special processes as well as conduct Supplier Business Reviews (QBRs) and capacity/capability reviews
- Support or Lead activity to identify new suppliers or new supply chain processes to improve quality / efficiency
- Independently review and audit Supplier activity including risk to internal Business Management System and contractual needs
Supplier Quality Engineer previous skills &experience:
- Experience working in a role focusing on Supplier Quality within the manufacturing industry.
- HNC or equivalent in Engineering or Quality would be desirable
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit qualification (or equivalent) and auditing experience
- Knowledge of 8D problem solving, RCCA tools, as well as; APQP, PPAP and FMEAs or similar
- Ability to write and submit Quality reports
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Able to interpret manufacturing documentation
If you have the right skills required for the supplier quality role, please do apply with your up to date CV and we will be in contact.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search