Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer with experience within the automotive sector to join a unique company that builds, converts and maintains specialist service vehicles for both civilian and military use.
The purpose of this position is to provide engineering and design solutions for a wide range of conversion and integration projects.
We are looking for someone who is a keen problem solver able to overcome challenges and work with the wider engineering team (electrical, production, software, mechanical) to adapt and provide designs fit for the customer requirements.
- Design and engineer solutions for various automotive projects that will include passenger cars, commercial vehicles, trucks, buses and bespoke one-off vehicles.
- Work alongside the other engineering teams to ensure design and fit for purpose and to the customer requirements.
- Take into account and consideration both technical and commercial aspects for all projects.
- Support the sales/business development team in new project acquisition, attending meetings where required to provide input from a design perspective.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality standards and availability of parts.
- Complete bill of materials lists.
- Previous experience within the automotive or other similar sectors.
- Experienced using a range of CAD systems specifically Solidworks.
- Ability to produce details technical drawings and manuals.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to short deadlines.
As part of the on boarding process for this position the successful candidates will need to go through a UK Defence Security Clearance.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and unique automotive company that can offer a competitive salary, benefits package and progression opportunities.
Interview's will be held shortly.
For more information please contact the Carbon60 Engineering team.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted