Instrument Project Engineer - Chemical Sector
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a very well established family-run company?
Our client are a family owned company located in West Bromwich in the West Midlands. They are specialists in organo-sulphur synthesis and high pressure hydrogenation supplying organic chemistry services to a global market in quantities from grams to multi-tonnes. They manufacture intermediates for the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industries as well as many others and their team of chemists are experts in custom synthesis, contract manufacture and process optimisation. A vacancy has arisen to join the Instrumentation Department reporting to the Lead Instrument Project Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance and calibration team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The ideal candidate will have the experience listed below and must have the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- The full life-cycle management of chemical plant instrumentation projects from design through to commissioning involving all different types of instrumentation. E.g. level, flow, temperature, pressure and mass instrumentation, safety instrumented systems & intrinsic safety etc.
- The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system.
- The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Instrumentation drawings and P&ID's.
- Maintaining records on all items including modifications, repairs, specifications etc.
- Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chem, Food, or Oil & Gas
- Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
- Good understanding of control, safety systems and functional safety standards IEC61508 & IEC61511 and be able to manage proof tests along HSE guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of HSE requirements.
- A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Recognised Instrument apprenticeship and educated to HNC level as a minimum.
- Several years' experience with the management of instrumentation projects as a minimum.
Salary is circa £35k to 40k dependant on experience plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 36.25 hour working week (Mon to Fri, 8.45am to 4.30pm), paid sick scheme, free life assurance, BHSF scheme and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted