Carbon 60 are looking to recruit a night shift site manager for its construction client based in Lewes
Start: Tuesday 20th September
Contract: initial contract until February 2023 (5 months with possible extension)
Work pattern: Mon - Thurs, 4 days per week
Shift: 17:00 - 03:00
Security clearance: DBS & BPSS
Day rate: £350 per day
Work solution: Umbrella (CIS)
We are looking for a Site Manager with M&E/Fit Out experience to work on our client's prestigious commercial project in Lewes. You will oversee a CAT A/CAT B fitout and M&E package starting in September for one of our long term and trusted partners.
Our client is a leading fit out company which is part of a large multi-disciplinary main contractor in UK. The client delivers vital projects across a range of sectors including health, education, highways, justice, defence, aviation, water and environment.
As a UK regional contractor, they provide specialist design and build capabilities and are experienced at project management and integrating all aspects of a project.
- Overall responsibility for the management and success of the project, including customer relations, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value of operations.
- Leading regular site meetings with project team
- Maintaining strict quality control procedures
- Conducting regular site safety checks
- Ensuring the project runs to program and to budget
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems
- Ensuring the project team comply with the Companies Business Management System
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability
- Maintaining effective long-term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors
- Providing aftercare services to the customer
- Leading the implementation and maintenance of Company strategy and policies for Sustainability, Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training & Development etc and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values
- Monitoring, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development
- Seeking and developing on going continuous improvement
- Weekly review of progress against Target Programme
- Ensure that short term programmes prepared and agreed with supply chain
- Attendance at monthly CVR meetings
- Keeping good records - Diaries, Labour Returns, Weekly/Monthly reports
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Technical knowledge and experience
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people
- Experience managing and supervising site teams and coordinating works to ensure quality completion
- Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines
- Project reports and using Asite Document Control system
- Comprehensive site management experience gained over a sustained period
- Experience of project planning
- Minimum HNC qualified (in relevant construction subject)
- Professional qualification (desirable)
- CITB level 3 Safety Course (desirable)
- CSCS Black Card (Gold card may be accepted dependant on other certs and relevant experience)
- IT literate (desirable)
- Experienced and competent in using Asta Power Project (desirable)
- High level of leadership and management skills (desirable)
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in relevant sector / projects e.g. commercial / public sector fit out /refurb etc.
- Preferably experienced using Asite document control system (desirable)
For further details please call Andrew on 07734743454
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted