Our Client is a leading building, infrastructure and engineering company that have many first class projects across the UK covering a wide rage of sectors in the industry. We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience within Water/ Wastewater Projects. This project is a 12-18 month contract based in Reading with potential of other sites being added. This Role is based inside IR35. Role You would be responsible for ensuring the successful financial completion of the project, protecting the exposure of the company to financial risks, while adhering to the commercial procedures of the business. Main Responsibilities
- To co-operate with, report to and implement the reasonable directives of the Regional Director/Manager and the Commercial Manager (functional reporting).
- To ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis thereafter.
- To liaise with contracts management in the day to day commercial administration of contracts to ensure the financial success of construction operations and to keep the Commercial Manager appraised of all material events.
- To supervise, mentor and encourage all junior staff in their personal professional development.
- To ensure in consultation with contracts management that main contract payment applications contain all necessary admeasure/additional cost claims and that the timely submission of detailed claims and final accounts is achieved.
- Sound & comprehensive understanding of construction industry and the parties to it.
- Good knowledge of NEC and JCT forms of contract.
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process.
- Strong negotiation skills with clients/ contractors
- Ability to produce accurate monthly cost and value reports and outturn financial forecasts.
- Experience of working on infrastructure commercial projects highly desirable.
- Experience of procuring major works sub contracts.
- You will of worked on live projects and final accounts
- Have experience of developing second stage tender submissions working under pre construction services agreement
This company offers exceptional benefits including pension, life assurance and others.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted