Industrial Security Analyst
British Eyes Only Security clearance level required to start: SC
Job Description At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.This role will be based at the Cheltenham offices of Northrop Grumman and travel to each UK site. The job of the Security and Crisis Management Lead is to fulfil routine security duties and to act as the point of contact and co-coordinator of site level crisis management and business recovery and resumption plans in the UK. Under the supervision of the UK Security Manager he will plan and supervise the delivery of biannual crisis management training at NGUKL sites. He is to act in a professional and courteous manner, in line with both the client requirements and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures. Different thinking for a Different world This role is to liaise on a daily basis with staff, clients and contractors, through the range of duty assignments which will involve security and the supervision of the crisis management and business resumption capability at each site in the UK. This role is hands on and will require involvement in issues on an hourly/daily basis. In the crisis management lead role, he will have an in-depth knowledge of the NG crisis management system and be able to work independently to deliver high quality advice and training. He will develop strong working relationships with senior managers in the UK and the crisis management lead in the NGUS. In a crisis he will act as the International Operator (IO) for the emergency messaging system.
- Act as the coordinator of the UK crisis management and business resumption capability, to ensure each site in the UK is in compliance with the requirement of NG Command Media.
- Advise and assist with annual site training on emergency action, crisis management and business resumption plans.
- Maintain active links with the NG corporate crisis management lead in the US.
- Act as the supervisor and international operator of the emergency messaging service in the UK.
- To control access, issuing visitor/contractor security passes and liaising with reception to ensure records of visitors are maintained in accordance with the client requirements.
- To be able to secure the premises and the setting and un-setting of alarms as specified in the site specific instructions.
- To respond and react to any incidents or security issues that may arise, via all communication methods.
- To actively assist in weekly fire alarm tests.
- To allow access to approved personnel to restricted areas as required including giving briefings.
- To log system faults that occur with the helpdesk and advise relevant engineers.
- To perform ad hoc duties as directed by the Site Security Controller or Security management team.
- Act as Deputy to the Security Controller at the Cheltenham facilities.
- Assist with the registration, muster and destruction of sensitive items.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing couriers, and arrange prompt delivery to the recipient, including the packaging and dispatch of sensitive items.
- Carry out urgent special briefings in the absence of the Security Controller.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Access Control, Intruder alarm and CCTV systems. To be able to secure the premises and the setting and un-setting of alarms as specified in the site specific instructions
- Issue and maintain an identity card database in line with the security controller's instructions.
- Arrange the passing of Security Clearance details as required.
- May be required to monitor the CCTV system in line with the client requirements.
- Assist at other locations in Northrop Grumman's portfolio of facilities but mainly in London or Manchester when assistance is required.
- Help with investigations and provide incident reports to the Security controller
- Exceptionally, out of hours duties, with a view to supporting the Business Continuity.
- Be prepared to be a first aider.
- Help educate the employees on in the importance of security, through education, engagement and behavior.
How you will make a difference
- Previous experience in a service or security environment.
- Experience of working with customers whether internal or external.
- Experience of reception duties including fielding incoming calls, and managing staff or clients.
- Intermediate level PC skills (MS Office).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work autonomously without supervision
- Organised and experienced at dealing with rapid change
- Demonstrate the Northrop Grumman Leadership characteristics
- Applicants must be willing and able to hold and maintain full UK Government Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted