I am currently recruiting for a proven Grid Engineer, for a permanent / staff position, with experience in the construction of large-scale solar projects, to join my client's construction management team based in London. The successful candidate will undertake all aspects of the assigned projects throughout their life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and to standard on a variety of projects across the UK. The Grid Engineer will report directly to the Grids Connection Project Manager. The Role Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Review grid power studies for various solar and battery projects
- Reviewing project design and contractual documentation ensuring project delivery is on time and in budget.
- Provides analysis, advice and support to resolve problems and enhance business/operational performance.
- Lead G99 compliance activities for BESS and or Solar grid projects - power system studies report review from Power system consultant, manage the PGMD process, etc
- Lead Grid Code compliance activities - BEGA or directly connected BESS and or Solar, etc
- Manage all submission request to the EPC team to meet 100% grid studies RFI.
- Manage RFI to the DNO to complete grid studies.
- Respond to all DNO queries on PGMD submission and NG.
Essential Skills / Qualifications: You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Qualification electrical engineering MSc / MEng / BSc / BEng or equivalent
- Experience (2+ years) in the ICP and/or DNO/IDNO industry
- Experience in solar PV and BESS
- Experience working with DNO and ICP's in the UK
- Good commercial knowledge and understanding
- Open to candidates legally entitled to work in the UK
With a salary up to £48k (DOE) on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join our prestigious Client.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted