Handyperson with electrician experience and 17th edition urgently required for a permanent mobile handyperson/electrician role in an award winning facilities management company in Reading.Van and...
Carbon60 have a great permanent opportunity. We are currently recruiting for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer at Thames Valley Police HQ in Abingdon. This Maintenance Engineer position will be starting within 3-4 weeks, based on 37.5 standard hour week with opportunities for overtime available and paid at an enhanced rate, competitive salaries on offer from £27k-£28.5K
- Working within a small M&E Maintenance team
- Ensure all the contractual mechanical & electrical systems on site are maintained
- To carry out all work activities in accordance with all relevant and current Health and Safety legislation.
- To advise and assist the management team in reducing utilities usage
- Daily monitoring of the onsite BMS system.
- To participate in the out of hours stand-by and callout rota
- Conduct testing of life systems (i.e. fire alarm & life-sign monitoring alarm) each week.
- To inform the management team of all faults or failures to any assets, mechanical & electrical systems
- Monthly checks with all the utilities meter readings.
- To assist in providing additional works quotations to enable the Facilities Manager to
- Complete the relevant contractual AVR (Authority Variation Request)
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Hold a "time served apprenticeship" ideally in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- C&G 17/18th Edition
- Live within a commutable distance to Wymondham Near Norwich
- UPS backup systems (fault finding and repairs) experience
- Experience of BMS Systems and generators
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Good organisational skills
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environment within Hard FM operations
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of the site, you will be required to undergo a police vetting.
If you are looking for a permanent role, have the relevant skillset and wish to work with one of the largest FM companies within the UK, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.