A Planner is urgently required for a perm/staff role based at my Client's vibrant offices near to Glasgow. The successful applicant will assist the delivery of my Client's project teams and will be involved from tender to project completion.Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Undertake the planning function on multiple live projects ensuring the production teams are delivering the project time objectives.
- Work as part of the production team, with dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management.
- Ensuring my Client's procedures and planning standards are being implemented.
- Contributing to the capturing of output rates to ensure my Client's database remains current and competitive.
- Liaison with broader planning community, especially technical department.
- Ensuring compliance with all current Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Understand for each project the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation to provide that service.
- Hands-on planning preparing, in conjunction with production team, optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, Stakeholders key dates as appropriate.
- Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions.
- Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme.
- Meeting / communicating with supply chain specialists to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given project specific constraints
- Understand the project forms of contract (with specific amendments) and ensure team are aware of actions necessary to 1) demonstrate entitlement 2) protect my Client's business from commercial harm.
- Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns.
- Manage time and workload to ensure deadlines are met. Highlight any potential work overload to Line Manager as soon as it is apparent.
The Company:My Client is a global leader in energy, digital and industrial transformation and they deliver award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects across public and commercial private sectors and are part of a diverse global business which operates in numerous sectors which include construction, engineering and energy markets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of construction projects across a broad range of sectors (bias towards commercial, mixed use developments, schools, high end residential preferable).
- Planning software expertise, preferably in P6 or Asta Powerproject
- Ability to manage multiple project programmes running in parallel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of development; design, procurement, construction (structure, architecture, services), commissioning.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to quickly and clearly articulate key issues and to listen and capture concerns of others.
- Knowledge of the key features of common forms of contract entered into in UK
- Knowledge of other sectors would be advantageous
- Experience/expertise in 4D/BIM would be advantageous
- Open to candidates legally entitled to work the UK
With a competitive basic salary coupled with generous company benefits on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search