Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to work within a maintenance team and report to the Maintenance Team Leader, the purpose of...
CONTRACT STARTING NOW. Our client, who work within the automotive sector, are looking to bring on board a Mechanical Engineering technician for a minimum 12 months fixed term contract. Based near Cambridge, with 12 hour days, 5 days on 4 days off Rota, you will gain a very competitive salary, plus shift allowance and other perks.
FTC £34K + £12.7k shift allowance
Mechanical Technician role:
- Providing planned, reactive & corrective mechanical maintenance activities
- Conducting inspections, testing, adjustments and monitoring tasks to maintain efficient plant and equipment reliability.
- Shop floor based, will need to frequently visit all production areas both pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical
- Work independently and collaboratively with the maintenance Team Leader, members of the Engineering team and Production department Team
- Interpret technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties
- Identifying and carrying out occasional plant modification work
Mechanical Technician must haves:
- Completed a recognized Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship /relevant vocational
- Demonstrates basic mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Chemical Reaction Hazards
- PUWER Awareness & LOLER
- Manual Handling, IPAF and PASMA
- Have excellent fault finding, problem solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Automotive sector background
- Live within a commutable distance to Royston near Cambridge
If you are looking to work with a renowned automotive company with fantastic opportunities within a world class brand then we want to hear from you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.