Power/Battery Systems Engineer
Interested in working as a Power/Battery Systems Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
A vacancy has arisen for a Power/Battery Systems Engineer, the role of the Power System Engineer is to contribute technical and engineering expertise into the development and delivery of fit-for-purpose power sub-system solutions suitable for recurring production and operation of our aircraft.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as Design Authority for power sub-system design solutions as formally delegated by the System Design Authority.
- Provide technical support to aircraft system level teams in the overall design optimization of the RPAS capability.
- Internal supply-chain teams, in particular for supplier level development, verification and production activities (including approving test plans & procedures; reviewing test results; analysing performance and degradation over life; and evaluation of design and process changes).
- Aircraft flight-line operations teams handling and utilising the battery solutions (including; handling, storing, integrating, operating, dismounting and disposal).
- Support anomaly investigations through to route cause and subsequent resolution, in accordance with internal non-conformance control process.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and evaluation of battery and solar array data in terms of usage, performance & life.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Engineering or a relevant science subject - desirable but not essential
- Direct experience with analysing/evaluating battery technology designs and data is essential. In particular, in the field of advanced Lithium based chemistry batteries.
- Proven experience of developing new product solutions for cutting edge applications.
- Experience in the application of DFx during development is desirable.
- Experience in establishing effective test and verification plans, equipment and methods is highly desirable.
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g. MATLAB or similar) is desirable.
- Experience of taking technology solutions through New Product Introduction (NPI) phases would be advantageous.
Rate: £400 a day
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.